The Archbishop of York, Dr John Sentamu welcomed partners and friends of Youth for Christ to Bishopthorpe Palace on March 3rd. The evening event celebrated the work of the charity, of which he is President.

A Hub of Mission

The Archbishop of York, Dr John Sentamu said: “I have been a supporter and President of Youth for Christ for the last 15 years so it is with great joy that I welcome partners and friends today. I officially opened the Youth for Christ offices in Halesowen in 2008 – a great hub of mission. I have also commissioned new staff and volunteers, who joyfully help young people to encounter the Risen Christ and thereby witness to lives being changed by the Holy Spirit.”

Hope for our Nation

“We hear in Mark 10, when the disciples try to stop children being blessed by Jesus, that he says ‘Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children.’ Children and young people are not just the hope for the future of the Church, but also for the future of our nation”.

Putting God back on the Agenda

Neil O’Boyle, National Director said: “We believe at Youth for Christ that we are on the edge of something significant. Only 32% of young people believe in God today. However, that does not mean that the remaining 68% are atheists. It simply means that God is not on the agenda. This is the first truly post-Christian generation of young people Britain has known. The message of the gospel does not need to change, the methods however do. Today, we are presenting ways in which we intend to effectively put God back on the agenda for young people.”

We are Youth for Christ and we’re about seeing young people’s lives changed by Jesus. This is who we are and this is what we do.

But, we can’t do it alone. We need you to stand with us. Can you consider becoming a regular partner of our work, or giving a one-off donation? Can you make a change?

Become a changemaker